Bulbmeister.COM - Discussions Forum Index Bulbmeister.COM - Discussions
A place to share ideas in flower bulb gardening!
Menu
Bulbmeister.COM - Discussions Forum IndexHome
FAQFAQ
MemberlistMemberlist
UsergroupsUsergroups
SmartFeedSmartFeed
RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile

Quick Search

Advanced Search

Links
BLOG
BUY BULBS
AUCTION
IMAGE GALLERY
HOME PAGE

Who's Online
[ Administrator ]
[ Moderator ]

Google Search
Google

http://www.phpbb.com
Hippeastrum activities and woes...
I have a number of first and second generation hybrid Hippeastrum seedlings in storage right now. I also have a handful of young species.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bulbmeister.COM - Discussions Forum Index -> E-H -> Hippeastrum (Amaryllis)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kmirvin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2002 2:15 pm    Post subject: Hippeastrum activities and woes... Reply with quote

I have a number of first and second generation hybrid Hippeastrum seedlings in storage right now. I also have a handful of young species.

Well, I had intended to build a greenhouse dedicated to my tender bulbs, mainly Hippeastrum, even bought the greenhouse materials, but I still haven't had the time or energy to build it. My poor Hippeastrums have been in a dark room since October and are just begging to be put somewhere they can get light and water to grow. Most of my crosses should be putting out first bloom this year. A couple did last year, and they were gorgeous specimens.

Some of the little species Hipps, being in 4" pots, were recently moved to indoor growing shelves under lights. They are taking off to beat the band. I ordered a Hippeastrum calyptratum last summer but was so busy with the move to a new property and nursery establishment, I was unable to pot it until this January. It has foliage coming up now, to my relief, and looks not the worse for wear.

I do hope to muster the energy to get the greenhouse built, although it becomes less significantly useful for me by the end of April (until next October).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bulbmeister.COM - Discussions Forum Index -> E-H -> Hippeastrum (Amaryllis) All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: