Bulbmeister.COM - Discussions Forum Index Bulbmeister.COM - Discussions
A place to share ideas in flower bulb gardening!
Menu
Bulbmeister.COM - Discussions Forum IndexHome
FAQFAQ
MemberlistMemberlist
UsergroupsUsergroups
SmartFeedSmartFeed
RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile

Quick Search

Advanced Search

Links
BLOG
BUY BULBS
AUCTION
IMAGE GALLERY
HOME PAGE

Who's Online
[ Administrator ]
[ Moderator ]

Google Search
Google

http://www.phpbb.com
Forum Future
Dear Friends, I have all but given up on the future of this forum, especially considering how popular it has been with spammers. That said, at the ...

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Bulbmeister.COM - Discussions Forum Index -> Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kmirvin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:22 am    Post subject: Forum Future Reply with quote

Dear Friends,

I have all but given up on the future of this forum, especially considering how popular it has been with spammers. That said, at the very least, the forum will remain online for the sake of the information that has already been shared over the years about flower bulb topics.

Concerning spam, I have set up a monitoring system that will keep me on top of things, making it possible to detect and remove spam far more diligently.

If the Forum seems dead to you, you can change that by making comments about the flower bulbs you grow or by asking related questions. I am always happy to reply.

The forum has an option when you post to be notified when you get a reply. This is very helpful, but there is no option for you to monitor any particular topic. I would recommend you sign up with the free service, ChangeDetection, which will notify you of any changes in the content of the URL you wish to monitor. I'm sure other sites provide a similar service, too. This will not likely work for the front page as dates, number of users, etc. can change from moment to moment or day to day. Unfortunately, this will also notify you when spammers make posts.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Bulbmeister.COM - Discussions Forum Index -> Announcements All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: