Bulbmeister.COM - Discussions Forum Index Bulbmeister.COM - Discussions
A place to share ideas in flower bulb gardening!
Menu
Bulbmeister.COM - Discussions Forum IndexHome
FAQFAQ
MemberlistMemberlist
UsergroupsUsergroups
SmartFeedSmartFeed
RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile

Quick Search

Advanced Search

Links
BLOG
BUY BULBS
AUCTION
IMAGE GALLERY
HOME PAGE

Who's Online
[ Administrator ]
[ Moderator ]

Google Search
Google

http://www.phpbb.com
Status report
This little gem, Anemone blanda, began poking foliage out of the ground in the last week and is already blooming. The miniature daisy like bloo...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bulbmeister.COM - Discussions Forum Index -> A-D -> Anemone
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kmirvin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2002 9:43 am    Post subject: Status report Reply with quote

This little gem, Anemone blanda, began poking foliage out of the ground in the last week and is already blooming. The miniature daisy like bloom is quite attractive. These always need to be planted en masse in full sun and where larger plants won't obscure sight. Very low growing are these.
kmirvin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2002 6:10 pm    Post subject: Status report Reply with quote

The Anemone blanda in the nursery are now in full bloom. I hope to soon add a photo to the Gallery.

I would like to make a special note here that I have actually seen honey bees pollinating flowers for the first time in several years. VERY exciting! I wonder if they are going to make a comeback?
kmirvin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2002 7:40 am    Post subject: Status report Reply with quote

Here in Northwest Arkansas, the A. blanda have finally come down to the last of the blooms. The display was fantastic this year. I plan on making these a ground cover in one of the new perennial beds I am establishing around the house.
xanadu

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2003 10:05 am    Post subject: Status report Reply with quote

Sunset zone 7, personal observation zone 8-9 Though I have planted anemone blanda several times in the past, this is the first year I have had any even come up. Two out of fifteen. They have been in bloom almost two weeks. It took me a while to find them. They are tiny but charming.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bulbmeister.COM - Discussions Forum Index -> A-D -> Anemone All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: