Bulbmeister.COM - Discussions Forum Index Bulbmeister.COM - Discussions
A place to share ideas in flower bulb gardening!
Menu
Bulbmeister.COM - Discussions Forum IndexHome
FAQFAQ
MemberlistMemberlist
UsergroupsUsergroups
SmartFeedSmartFeed
RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile

Quick Search

Advanced Search

Links
BLOG
BUY BULBS
AUCTION
IMAGE GALLERY
HOME PAGE

Who's Online
[ Administrator ]
[ Moderator ]

Google Search
Google

http://www.phpbb.com
Germinating various Fritillaria species...
Earlier this summer I potted a number of species of Fritillaria into 4" pots with standard potting soil and a 1/2" layer of grit on top...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bulbmeister.COM - Discussions Forum Index -> E-H -> Fritillaria
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kmirvin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2000 4:57 pm    Post subject: Germinating various Fritillaria species... Reply with quote

Earlier this summer I potted a number of species of Fritillaria into 4" pots with standard potting soil and a 1/2" layer of grit on top. I watered thoroughly, placed the pots in zip-loc bags, and stored in a small refrigerator for 12 weeks. I had not been checking, but when I removed them at the appointed time, no sign of germination had occurred. I only bring this up because I also had some Tulip seed and other hardy bulbs seed in there, and some of the Tulips had already fully germinated.

Anyway, within a couple of days the Frits started germinating. I've been growing them under lights for several weeks now, and a number have already died back. It may be a bit warm under the lights, or they may have just completed their first growth cycle.

I'm going to do a little test soon, where I don't water them for a month then return them to the refrigerator for another cold spell.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bulbmeister.COM - Discussions Forum Index -> E-H -> Fritillaria All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: