Bulbmeister.COM - Discussions Forum Index Bulbmeister.COM - Discussions
A place to share ideas in flower bulb gardening!
Menu
Bulbmeister.COM - Discussions Forum IndexHome
FAQFAQ
MemberlistMemberlist
UsergroupsUsergroups
SmartFeedSmartFeed
RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile

Quick Search

Advanced Search

Links
BLOG
BUY BULBS
AUCTION
IMAGE GALLERY
HOME PAGE

Who's Online
[ Administrator ]
[ Moderator ]

Google Search
Google

http://www.phpbb.com
Status
My iris reticulata is in full and perfect bloom. My zone is a matter of debate. USDA says 7b, Sunset says 7, but that is for the entire town, which...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bulbmeister.COM - Discussions Forum Index -> I-L -> Iris
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xanadu

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2003 10:59 am    Post subject: Status Reply with quote

My iris reticulata is in full and perfect bloom. My zone is a matter of debate. USDA says 7b, Sunset says 7, but that is for the entire town, which is on a hillside in the Sierras in California. My own experience for the two years that I have been here is that my microclimate is 8, even 9, since I am at the lowest elevation possible to still live in the town. It has not snowed at all this year so far, just rained. No frost evident, either. However, it is cold enough that oriental lilies vernalize, but I won't try tulips except for the species.
dalagan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 9:26 pm    Post subject: Carolyn Wins! Reply with quote

It is with great pleasure I write this announcement to inform you that we have a WINNER for the year 2003 International Bulb Society Membership Sweepstakes! And the winner is...

Drum role, please...

MS. CAROLYN CRAFT!

Please join me in congratulating Ms. Craft for her good fortune, and I wish to thank each of you for your interest in being a member of this Forum. Additionally, I would like to add how important it is to keep your e-mail address current in your User Profile. Ms. Craft was actually an alternate winner. The original winner was international but could not be reached.

Ms. Craft's membership, at her consent, will actually be with the Pacific Bulb Society for TWO years (a $40 value), is for the years 2004 and 2005 and will include many benefits too numerous to describe here. I encourage every flower bulb enthusiast to visit the Society web page and consider joining.

My family and I sincerely hope all had a safe and happy holiday season.

Best Wishes,

The Bulbmeister
kmirvin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 9:57 pm    Post subject: Status Reply with quote

Dear Aaron:

Our winter has been very strange here in Northwest Arkansas, Zone 6b. My Allium schubertii sent up leaves in November, and my Lycoris chinensis and L. longituba started sending up leaves beginning of January. All the Allium was frozen back later and the Lycoris leaf tips have suffered significant damage. Thankfully it is only the tips. Having 60° days in December and January does not help the winter dormant plants stay bedded down very well. My Galanthus elwesii came up earlier than expected, too. I know these aren't Iris, but I sure felt a need to discuss the other side of your topic. I hope your plants fair well the rest of the winter.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bulbmeister.COM - Discussions Forum Index -> I-L -> Iris All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: